Wednesday 24 November 2010

Design Research Methods - Task 6

Discuss the museum/exhibition visit and topics of interest

Friday the 19th of November was a great day for me. All the things we saw were amazing! I really enjoyed! 
Shadow Catchers is an amazing exhibition, it was my favourite one, and I'll explain why. When I went to Secondary school I had analogical photography as one of the subjects, and we had to do lots of photograms, as well as a pinhole camera. It was magical for me because I had never experienced nothing like that before in photography. And even today I am still amazed when I think about the hole process! It's unbelievable! How can you have a clear image with just one black box and a hole? Or amazing and perfect shapes just placing objects on top of photographic paper? For those who don't know how does it work I totally recommend to give it a try! It's amazing and "Shadows Catchers" sent me back to those days of discovering the essence of photography! 
This exhibition was absolutely inspirational! Some of the works exposed were made in light-sensitive surfaces, like Floris Neusüss's images, and those ones were my favourites. Why? Because I've done photograms before and looking to his images, I feel that I could have explored more about this technique. He completely broke the limits of photogram process and he inspired me with that, as I thought I couldn't go any further than placing objects on top of a piece of light-sensitive paper and even more than that, I never thought it could be possible to create movement with this technique! After seeing that exhibition I felt an enourmous desire to go into a dark room and (re)start to explore more about photograms. 




No comments:

Post a Comment